Pages

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

In hiding


I keep pondering on whether I should “come out” on here and start using my real name, I have to admit I feel a little uncomfortable about using a pseudonym, it feels a bit silly. But thinking it through I’ve decided to stick with it, that way I don’t have to worry about revealing my inner most thoughts, I don’t have to censor myself just in case my boss or someone is reading. Same goes for Twitter.

A few friends know I write on here and that is fine, because there’s nothing I wouldn’t say to them in person anyway, but I don’t want anyone who’s just met me and feels inclined to do some digging to be able to suddenly know me better than my own mother does.

I already post less and less on Facebook, I backed myself into a corner accepting friend requests from friends initially, then more casual acquaintances, then family and colleagues – until now I only ever put things on there that I don’t mind absolutely every one knowing. I keep it generic, reputation friendly, none job threatening and none revealing.

I don’t want to have to censor myself here. Therefore, for the sake of privacy, now and in future, the pseudonym remains intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment