I used to have a problem with over-sharing, less so now I
can spill my guts in a mostly-anonymous blog, but occasionally when I meet new
people I get nervous and forget myself, and before I know it I’ve told them
perhaps a little too much about myself and I’m left feeling a bit over-exposed. That’s especially the case with other mums, there is nothing scarier
than other mums, they give me proper verbal diarrhoea (I’m sorry, is that too
much information?)
I came up with a helpful analogy at 4am this morning when
Taters was kicking me in the stomach and keeping me awake, I’m hoping it might encourage
me to play my cards a little closer to my chest in future.
I realised that forming any kind of relationship is a bit
like burlesque – it’s better that you reveal yourself slowly, all the while
keeping your audience entertained with perhaps a little social commentary, or maybe
some comedy, whatever works for you, whatever is your “thing”. If you just whip
your clothes off and let everything hang out, it’s no longer burlesque, you’re just a
flasher.
I don’t want to be an emotional flasher.
Let me drive the point in a little further...
or..........
Yes I think that will help do the trick.

No comments:
Post a Comment