We took Taters for a hearing test the other week as part of
his speech therapy. The results came back absolutely fine – which I knew they
would, but I was still really anxious they’d find something wrong, tests and
scans usually equal bad news at the moment. But not this time.
I was really
impressed with the staff at Sheffield Children’s hospital too. Taters is a shy
little boy and often if we go somewhere new and strangers try to befriend him
he’ll react by clinging to me all the more and maybe crying if they persist. He
absolutely hates the health visitor. I wasn’t sure how accurately they’d be
able to carry out the tests because of that, but they totally won him over and he even had fun.
That’s really reassuring for when we do go in for the speech therapy proper.
He’s been making all kinds of new noises recently and
the babbling has really stepped up a notch. Last week I am certain he tried to
say something to me, he really tried hard but didn’t quite manage it. So I’m
confident that this is a good time to get the speech therapy in, he’s
ready for it. He’s started developing his own sign language in the last few
weeks and we can have simple conversations because of this, it’s quite fascinating
to see but I’d rather it was spoken words he was actually developing.
No comments:
Post a Comment