Little Miss Moo is a cutie. Ok so she doesn't do much beyond filling nappies, feeding (a lot!), sleeping, crying and smiling. But she is a wonderful little thing. She still stays awake for about an hour at a time and demands to be entertained during that time. I thought I'd just put her in a swing and she'd be happy to watch me and Taters play, or with me chatting to her as I got on with jobs. Hell no!
In fact, even after 10 weeks I'm struggling to find a way to look after both kids at the same time on my own, I just don't get how other people do it!
But anyway, she lights up when people talk to her, she doesn't like being ignored. Oh and first thing on a morning, as soon as her eyes meet with mine her face beams at me with the biggest smiles, I often catch sight of her through blurry vision as I struggle to open my eyes, one lid at a time, and she's doing her best to attract my attention with her beautiful grins.
She's fascinated by her older brother and smiles whenever he comes near her, she seems to crave his attention. He's really taken with her too. If she cries he tells me to pick her up, or he rubs her tummy and tells her he's here for her. He tries to wind her and help change her nappy. Honestly he's grown up so much in the past few weeks I couldn't be more proud of him.
Sleeping... Well that's not so good. We've had the odd 6 hour stretch, but plenty more waking up every 2 hours, then as the night progresses every hour and a half, then every hour... I've got both kids in our bedroom too while my husband sleeps downstairs and I've had some hellish nights I can tell you! Worst are the times I get one asleep, just as the other wakes up, who then wakes the other back up... That is torture! But I've had many more moments where I've actually enjoyed the serenity of night feeds. I actually love the peace and stillness of the night, those quiet moments where I actually have some mental space to think, all while snuggled up to a warm and sleepy baby. Even better is when I manage to get the baby to sleep back in her own bednest and then turn over and snuggle up next to Taters. That is quite beautiful. But the sleep deprivation... Oh... Mostly I cope just fine but a few bad nights and urgh! It's not as bad as the first time round, but I do long for some proper sleep...
*disclaimer. Most of these posts are written during night feeds in an attempt to stay awake until Miss Moo falls into a deep enough sleep to create a successful mummy to bednest transfer. It is also the closet thing to free time I get. Oh and I'm also typing on an iPhone. So apologies for crap writing but I also really want to capture these moments.

No comments:
Post a Comment