This is about revealing the
aspects I usually try to hide or gloss over and owning it
I get really nervous about breaking rules – I
secretly want to be a rebel but I’m far too chicken. But totally at odds with
that, I hate conforming and being told what to do. I am a rebellious
goody-two-shoes which usually means I rebel in unusual and usually unnoticeable
ways.
I really, really hate talking on telephones and will
do practically anything to avoid this. I’m not entirely sure what aspect bothers
me most; the pressure to keep a conversation going and not fall into an awkward
silence, the surprise of the phone ringing unexpectedly and suddenly finding myself
having to be social when I wasn’t planning to be, and who knows what they might
want and how that might totally change my plans... I just don’t like phones
full stop.
I have a general distrust of people in suits, it
feels like they’re covering up who they really are and just dressing to fit in.
I know it’s only clothes, but I just don’t trust them.
Following on from this I have a strong dislike of
the corporate world, the business world and as a default tend to see it all as
a load of twattery. I especially hate the way the world revolves around
businesses rather than human beings oh and the way employers seem to think they
own your soul rather than simply pay you wages for your services to them.
I really admire people who break the mould, the
woman down the road who wears no shoes and never says no to her children, cool!
I don’t have to agree with their choices, but I admire that they dare to branch
out on their own.
I don’t like drawing attention to myself. I don’t
tell jokes because the moment everyone pays attention me, my mind goes blank
and I can’t remember the punchline.
I really hate getting my hands on new technology, I
don’t know whether it’s that technology has gotten more complicated, or my
brain doesn’t adapt to new things as well as it once did, but it makes me want
to scream, I find it really hard to fathom and because I don’t fully understand
it, well it freaks the hell out of me because I don’t know what I’m doing. It
actually makes my head want to explode and I start thinking old person things
such as “why does technology have to change so fast, why can’t it just stay the
same?!”



No comments:
Post a Comment