Sugar Free So-So
I’ve spent the last few days feeling below par, struggling with my monthly hormonal migraine. I had hoped that going sugar free would prove to be some miraculous cure for that but unfortunately not. I guess it has only been a few weeks so who knows, maybe next month. I’d love to be able to come out with all these statements about how it cured this problem, resolved that, how I’ve never looked or felt better. Sadly not, not yet anyway, sorry.
Moving? No...
We’ve still not visited the house I was interested in. We phoned the estate agents weeks ago and they said at the moment they were collecting names and contact details but not arranging viewings. We’ve not heard from them since. It seems rather odd to me, the house has been on the market for months and the price has already been lowered once, do they want to sell it or not?
Actually I’m not bothered about chasing it up anymore. We walked past it a week or two back and it looked pretty small to me, and all the houses were so tightly packed together around there I think I’d feel claustrophobic. So for the foreseeable future we’re staying put. If I’m being honest with myself, we can’t afford to move right now, what we have is the best we can afford. It’s time to stop daydreaming about moving and concentrate on the house we have.
Speech Delay
Not surprisingly Taters still isn’t talking. But he does actually appear to be trying. He’s been making some new sounds this week and rather than just babbling or shouting, these sounds seem to be more thoughtful, more measured and deliberate. He’s also coming out with far more “moma” sounds, and not just repeating them or practicing them; he will come up to me with a little smile on his face and a cute little glint in his eye and say “moma”. Could this be progress? Time will tell I suppose. I’ve thought he was on the verge of talking plenty of times before and it came to nothing so we’ll see.
Thankfully though the intense shyness has disappeared as quickly as it appeared, which is such a relief! He’s not only back to his usual self on that front, he’s actually grown in confidence. He’s been playing with other children more than ever and enjoying their company, and his shyness doesn’t take too long to dissipate when we have friends around. He’s still a little bit shy, yes, but then that’s really common among toddlers and doesn’t bother me one bit.
We've got his hearing test next week and are still waiting to see the speech therapist. I would so love him to speak of his own accord before then, but I'd better not hold my breath!
We've got his hearing test next week and are still waiting to see the speech therapist. I would so love him to speak of his own accord before then, but I'd better not hold my breath!
No comments:
Post a Comment