I know I can’t really forget about it, but I almost want to. I want to concentrate on other things as much as I can.
In the background I’m doing everything I can to facilitate
things happening, maybe that feeling of control is only an illusion, but it
helps me feel less afraid of trying again so that's fine. But anything that is in my control, anything I can do, I am
doing. The fertility diet has been going well, I probably haven’t totally
eliminated sugar from my diet but I have cut it down enormously, and wherever
there is a choice I’ve taken the healthier option – organic over non-organic,
full fat over low fat, butter over margarine, salmon over tuna. I’ve hardly
touched a drop of alcohol, I'm checking labels for soya, I’ve been taking pre-natal vitamins and Royal Jelly
supplements. I’ve started swimming every week, doing some yoga and even a
little meditation. I wish I could say I’ve eliminated stress but that’s hard
when your toddler is torturing you by keeping you awake at night for hours on end.
And it is a form of torture. I’m hopeful thing are improving on that front
though, I mean he’s even slept through a few nights recently, in his own cot
and everything!
So I’ve taken care of everything I can take care of, all I
can do now is see what happens. I have such mixed feelings as you can imagine,
but that makes me a little sad, I would love for this to be an exciting time
rather than the fearful time it actually is. I guess I’m never going to
experience a happy pregnancy, it will always be a time of anxiety for me. But
you know what, that’s fine, so long as I do get to experience another pregnancy, one where there’s a healthy baby at the end of it.
I don’t care about achieving the perfect dream anymore, the only important thing is the
outcome. Breast or bottle, c-section or natural, what does it really matter? A
happy, healthy baby is what matters.
So yes, I’ve done all I can do, now it’s time to sort of
forget about it. I’m planning on throwing myself heart and soul into family
tree research – I want to keep my brain as occupied as possible. No counting
days, no counting weeks. I don’t want to know. I’ve just been handed two boxes
full of old family photos dating back to 1911, so I have plenty to get my teeth
into.
No comments:
Post a Comment