Pages

Friday, 9 January 2015

What happens next?

Yesterday I messaged a Facebook friend. In real life she is my husband's cousin's best friend, we've met a few times but had the same due date for our babies a few years back so became Facebook friends... 

I messaged her because I knew her eldest son was diagnosed with Aspergers a few years back and I just wanted to know how this thing works now.

Turns out it's as I feared. After the diagnosis that's pretty much it. Her son goes for six month reviews and they did the workshops after the diagnosis but now they're pretty much on their own.

What?

Everything I read stresses the urgency for early diagnosis, citing treatment when they're young as being vitally important for improving the outcome possibilities. 

I don't get it? 

No wonder they were so vague when I asked "what happens next?"




No comments:

Post a Comment