It’s that mid-point time of the month again and the ovulation
testing kit is flashing its smiley face at me and telling me it’s time.
I’m not ready. I’ve been trying to let go of Peanut and extricate
myself from the whole obsession that has surrounded trying to conceive. Calm
things down a bit. And the only way I can think of to do this is to let go of
the whole baby dream, then sort of reintroduce it but at a more rational level.
And if it doesn’t happen, well I’d be more prepared for that too. Maybe.
But I’m not quite there yet.
I’ve been trying to entertain the idea of
just having one child and leaving it at that, trying to make myself see that
one child is ok, I’m lucky I have one and life would be easier with just the
one. Two children will be hard, hard work – remember the sleepless nights? Remember
the endless breast feeding? Trying to time your day around the naps? Can I get
into town and back before the next meltdown? Walking around the neighbourhood for hours at a time because
that was the only way Taters would nap…. And now imagine that with a toddler in tow?
Just imagine! Is it even possible? I’m not sure it is.
Sometimes I feel the need to take it to its extreme to break the dream
and I’ve been doing ok at this, but I probably needed a few more weeks of it
before this time of the month came around again, then we could physically try
but it would be more, well, let’s give it a go and see what happens? You know,
do the deed and then forget all about it.
But this has come around too soon and the madness is building
again. I’m not as chilled out about it as I want to be. Should there be a baby
conceived this month I already know roughly when it would be due, I’ve already
started thinking about the nursery and I think it will probably be a boy... This is exactly the kind of madness I want to
get away from! Maybe I should have waited another month to start trying again,
taken a break, but I couldn’t bring myself to do that, I guess I’m not quite
ready to let go. Ah well, maybe another knock back in a fortnight will do the
trick.
No comments:
Post a Comment