Pages

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Why quitting is no longer an option

Yes I have been thrown lately by the whole ASD assessment, and my old money worries are still lurking in the background occasionally rearing their ugly head and filling me with dread, but by no means does that mean I’ve thrown the whole Laws of Attraction thing out of the window. Why would I? Up until now I’ve been a total worrier and negative thinker and it has had a limiting effect on my life – I completely believe that. Therefore I’ve nothing to lose but a lot to gain by changing tracks and trying a new approach.


Yes this has been challenging over the last few weeks, it’s been hard to stay positive and I’ve often felt cursed again and thought why bother? But why bother indeed? Well, there are now two little souls in my life who deserve the very best I can possibly give them. That’s why bother. Giving up is just not an option.

So to get me back into the right mindset I thought it might help me to revisit the notes I made from “Ordering from the Cosmic Kitchen” – I’m feeling a little burned out and negative today so I could do with a positivity shot. So here goes. On the basis that our thoughts are continually creating our experiences:

  • Think about what previous “orders” (by which I mean thoughts, wishes, beliefs) you have sent out to the universe that are now manifesting in your life. For me it’s that I’m cursed, that I can only get so far in life, my possibilities are limited – and I can see the effects clearly of those beliefs. But on the positive side – I wanted an unconventional rocker husband – check; that summer baby I dared to ask for is now due in mid June; I wanted ragdoll cats and ended up with two who were both free; I wanted to find somewhere to live where there was a real community. All of these things came true.
  • Don’t concentrate on what you don’t want, concentrate on what you do want. “What you resist persists”
  • Identify any current negative thought patterns that are holding you back. When you find yourself thinking negatively or about what you don’t want, consciously turn these thoughts around and create a positive affirmation to counteract these, i.e. “I don’t want Taters to be diagnosed with autism” can be turned in “I trust that Taters will continue to grow and flourish, I do my best to encourage him and help his confidence grow.” Keep repeating these until you clear out negative thought patterns.
  • Now set yourself new affirmations for what you want now
  • Then TRUST that it will happen. Be specific about what you want to ensure you get the right order.
  • Orders need to be positive, present tense and personal – State your affirmations as though they have already happened, said “I have… I receive… I am”. If you state your affirmations in the future tense, they will stay in the future.
  • Because emotions amplify and charge your wishes, include words that convey positive, energetic feelings “It feels wonder that… I am so happy and excited to be…” Really feel your affirmations as you say them.
  • Trust that it will happen at the right time and let it go.
  • Fully believe that you deserve to have a wonderful life. Don’t hold yourself back with doubts.
  • Every day take some time to make a gratitude list. Cultivating the “attitude of gratitude” will create wonderful miracles in your life.
So, to summarise: Clear out old thought patterns that no longer serve you, learn to recognise how you block yourself and then create positive affirmations to remove these mental obstacles. Then set new affirmations for what you do want and trust they will happen, trust that you deserve them to happen, believe that you deserve a wonderful life. Create affirmations in the present tense and power them up with positive exciting words.

 That’s about it, now on with the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment