Pages

Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Money money money...

I have to make a gallant effort to clear my overdraft this month. After the miscarriage I went through a “fuck it” attitude to spending money and spent money I didn’t have. I couldn’t even tell you what I spent it on, I seem to have nothing to show for it. Yet I’m still trying to claw it back. So this month should be fun, can I live on £30 a week? I’m about to find out. If I can, then I can clear my overdraft in one month and that would be great, then I can go back to living on my usual pittance in July.


I always knew money would be tight when I went part time and I don’t regret that decision one bit. Spending time with Taters is far more important than money. It’s just that two and a half years on and I’m feeling the pinch a bit more; shoes are wearing out, clothes are getting faded and there’s no money to replace them.

I’d love to do that thing women’s magazines seem to assume is the norm, you know, go out and purchase my new summer wardrobe, I’m feeling pretty shabby at the moment. But with no money to speak of I’m going to have to get creative. I’ve just purchased a dress pattern online, it wasn’t expensive and I’m thinking of it as a good investment. I have material knocking around already that I bought ages ago so I have everything I need to start. I’ve never made clothes before – I don’t think taking jeans in to make them as tight as possible when I was a teenage rocker counts – but it’s a skill that will serve me well over the next few years as I can't see our finances changing for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment